1. I know this is a common favorite, but I seriously cannot get through this without tearing up. Whenever I read it to my class, I cry. Then they look at me eagerly and confused. And I thank the Lord my principal doesn't walk in.
2. This is not a book I usually read to my second graders, but it is hilarious! I love the voices and the dramatic urgency over such a silly topic. Preschoolers and Kindergarteners DEFINITELY love it! And adults too. Adults like me.
3. This story is just beautiful - poetic words and stunning illustrations. And it's a great read aloud when studying Life Cycles!
4. This book is so funny and engaging! It's great when studying journal writing.
5. This is a great story for a writing mini-lesson. It has good rhythm and vocabulary - I read it several times a year for different writing and reading lessons. Here is California it's really special, since most of my students have NEVER seen real fireflies in their life!
So that's it! Hope you're all having a great day!